Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Catey Pioli

Hi, I'm Catey Pioli. I'm studying World Language Education (with a German concentration) at Bowling Green and, if fate is kind, will graduate in less than 10 years. I'm pretty involved at BG in the Arts Village and Taiko Drumming. Taiko is a major part of my life and, if you are ever in BG, you should definitely check out one of our groups. In my free time, I love to be outside- camping, fishing, walking, whatever! I also spend my time taking care of my hermit crabs and enjoying their crustacean shenanigans. My favorite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, my favorite musician is P!nk and my favorite music is anything with good lyrics. One of my major life goals is to learn a language from every region of the world- at least well enough to get by without resorting to English. At the moment, I'm working on German, Russian and Chinese. If I had to pick a religious label, I would say atheist- but I feel like either a skeptical pantheist or an optimistic atheist. I love to talk philosophy and religion and ideas. I think that you have to talk to other people and work out ideas that are completely different from your own in order to understand yourself, as well as to constantly reevaluate your own thoughts beliefs. A life without experimentation and reflection would be such a waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment